Sunday, February 15, 2009

getting old

I'm afraid I'm getting a little too used to being a hermit... I seriously have little urge to go out and be social anymore. I would much rather just stay at home and relax with my kiddo and roomie. When H has to move out next week, that might change, but I'm really kinda worried that it won't. And actually, I'm a little more worried that I'm not really all that worried about it. I really just think I'm getting old and set in my ways... I think I'm turning into my Dad, bitter cynisism and all. ;) Really, it just boils down to only really wanting to spend time with the people who have proven to be trustworthy in my life and not wanting to go out of my way to look for more people to add to the fold. Was feeling a little sorry for myself last night... don't know why I let a cheesy hallmark holiday get to me, but I did, then I rememebered just how complicated relationships can be and just how miserable my "mariage" made me and still does and got over it. And this may all sound dark and depressing, but it's really not... I don't feel depressed, not over being alone and a hermit anyway. I kinda think it suits me. :) I think I'm going to make today Singles Day and go celebrate that fact. Yay!

No comments: