Saturday, February 7, 2009

Relaxation/Reflexology

Last night we had an awesome girly spa night with foot massages, facials, truffles, champagne, strawberries and movies. It was awesome! All except for the movie Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, which is just bad... really bad. Doesn't this look awesome..?

Photobucket

I've been having some real issues with anxiety and insomnia so I've been using reflexology and accupressure on myself in an attempt to alleviate that some, and for the most part it really works. The thing with reflexology, which I know a bit more about from massage school, is that you want to make little "Walking" motions with your thumb to really get into the points, and you want to always "Walk" in an upward motion and not down. I want to find out more about accupressure (didn't get that far in school), because the little bit I was trying out on myself the other night was working wonders. I swear... the spots that corresponded to the lungs made me breath deeper, etc. Check it out...
http://www.corehealthinstitute.com/serenity-self-care-points--faq.html

Photobucket

And these neat little widgets I found here and in the next blog (cause I couldn't figure out how to get 'em in one place). Check it... It's good stuff!





No comments: