Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pics of the Week/Flora and Fauna

So, the other part of my blog that is dedicated to my photography will have some of my favorite recent pics, most likely with a theme... This week is Flora and Fauna! Enjoy!


Pink Fawn Lily


Oregon Grape Flowers


Trillium are some of my fav's and always great models!







Tricolor Fungi (perfect for St. Patty's day) 


I don't know what this little flower is, and I had to really tweek the light to kind of get the black spots to show up, which really brought out the dew drops on the grass blades around it, so I'm pretty happy with this one, though I'm usually fairly against using my editing tools to "fix" my pics.Would appreciate any info on this plant!


'Glowing' Crocus! Didn't even tweek this one... 


I also don't know what kind of tree this is... maybe another kind of plum? Really beautiful against a rare late winter, clear, blue sky here in OR.


Plum Blossoms


Teeny tiny mushrooms!


I ♥ bryophytes!


Glowy, moss covered, faerie forest... ♥


I ♥ Moss and Lichen! 


1 comment:

Terri Sunflower said...

absolutely wonderful photos Amanda! You are doing a great job at capturing the essence of aliveness here. Was that tree maybe a redbud? And the tulips are amazing. BTW, don't forget that NM doesn't have spring in the sense that you are used to up there so I am agog at all of your images!! Also, love the fairy forest...okay I think I just like it all. Love you, T